Gloria Gainor Ministries is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit within the State of Georgia who is seeking a passionate outgoing volunteer coordinator who has the passion to serve the community.
This is a volunteer opportunity only.
Core opportunity includes: Working with the community engagement coordinator, researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures. Recruiting volunteers (e.g. charities and councils) to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs. Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers, Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched for appropriate assignments with in the community.
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Attending committees and meetings.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes. Maintaining databases and undertaking any administrative duties regarding supporting volunteers
- Outgoing, open minded, structured
Details: The volunteer coordinator is responsible for coordinating all volunteers. The duties and responsibilities of the volunteer coordinator include the following:
- To return emails in no more than two business days using a gmail based email account.
- To update volunteer opportunities on public media (i.e. volunteer match, signupgenious), social media and website.
- Ensure program information is up to date and available to volunteers
- To update the calendar on the web.
- To administer volunteers and the volunteer process, coordinate orientations, recruit volunteers, training screenings, tracking, communication, and recognition.
- To keep accurate records of the volunteers, including contact information, start date, and volunteer hours.
- To ensure all volunteers’ forms are completed, including applications and background checks, and to ensure a sufficient amount of forms are available.
- To maintain our relationship with volunteer referral partners.
- To delegate responsibility and communication with coaches or coordinators to help with the volunteer process on site.
Skills: Organized, ability to manage a group of people, good communication skills, flexible schedule, and ability to build positive relationships.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25