Attorney / Legal Officer, Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary “Citizens Serving Communities”
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3976 Constitution AvenueCivil Air Patrol Squadron 150Joint Forces Training Base - Los AlamitosLos Alamitos, CA 90720
Do you have a desire to volunteer or serve your community a few evenings per month. Do you have an interest in being part of an organization that saves lives. Although we are the Auxilliary of the US Air Force, being a pilot or even flying is NOT necessary as there are lots of opportunities to volunteer on the ground.
Long Beach Squadron 150 of the Civil Air Patrol is seeking a Legal Officer / Attorney to become part of our all volunteer member supported 501(c)(3) non-profit organization chartered by Congress to be the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Responsibilities. Subject to constraints imposed by local law upon the unauthorized practice of law, responsibilities of a CAP legal officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Rendering legal advice and opinions regarding CAP activities.
(2) Assisting the unit safety officer in conducting safety investigations as directed by the commander to whom he or she reports.
(3) Investigating complaints under the direction of the commander to whom he or she reports in accordance with CAPR 123-2, Complaints.
(4) Conducting legal reviews of adverse personnel actions (including proposed membership nonrenewals and terminations) and legal sufficiency reviews of reports of investigation as they progress and prior to final action. Also responsible for reviewing letters of notification to members concerned.
(5) Serving as the CAP representative at membership termination appeals hearings as directed by the commander to whom he or she reports.
(6) Serving on a unit membership board as directed by the commander to whom he or she reports.
(7) Advising the commander to whom he or she reports on legal implications of CAP programs and activities to include interpretation of laws, regulations, and directives; contracts or agreements; claims; insurance; real estate; taxation; investigations; corporate records; fund raising; and relations with local agencies.
(8) Monitoring compliance with CAP Constitution and Bylaws and CAP directives.
(9) Serving as counsel to subordinate units without an assigned legal officer.
(10) Serving as counsel to the CAP Inspector General or any wing or region inspector general as directed by the commander to whom he or she reports, with the approval of his or her managing legal officer (if any).
(11) Promoting the availability and utilization of legal services to CAP’s decision makers.
(12) Educating members and leaders about the law and related matters as consistent with CAP’s corporate missions, goals, and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service.
The Long Beach Squadron 150 of the California Wing is comprised completely of adult members and meets at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training base every Thursday evening at 7:30 PM.
Squadron 150 participates in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions, Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREX’s), and disaster relief efforts. In addition to providing services to the United States Air force, Squadron 150 participates with other organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, DoD, FEMA and Cal EMA (OES).
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
Applicants please contact: email@example.com
**CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES--COME AND SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Squadron members meet every Thursday at 7:30pm
- Must become a volunteer member and maintain membership in the Civil Air Patrol