SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
We rescue birds from many areas throughout southern CA, and we rely on volunteers to pick them up from the rescue point and transport them back to our facility. Many of our rescues come from the LA area, including Pasadena Humane Society.
Currently, we need several volunteers who are willing to pick up the rescue(s) and drive them further south. We have southern-based volunteers who can meet you at a halfway point if you do not wish to come all the way down to east San Diego.
Rescues are not planned, so this role is ideal for someone who has open availability. A working vehicle, driver's liscence, and willingness to be on the road are required. We provide all training and paperwork.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months' minimum
- Working vehicle, ability to communicate via text message
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!