SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
We would like to create a new "Grant Team" of volunteers who are willing to help find, apply for, and follow-up with grants throughout the year. This role is brand-new to our organization, so we are seeking folks with experience in grants/fundraising, or people who have a knack for applications and clerical duties.
The team will be led by a SoCal Parrot staff member, and volunteers will be able to communicate via email or phone. This role does not require you to visit our sanctuary in Jamul; we would love to have any local volunteers come out for a face-to-face meeting, though!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months' (minimum)
- Access to computer, email. Ability to attend virtual meeting every 6 to 8 weeks
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Grants and Fundraising for local...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Weekly Animal Care - farm...