SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
As an Animal Care volunteer, you will spend 2 to 4 hours (one day each week) assisting with cleaning tasks, refilling food, washing dishes, raking enclosures, etc. Our daily work may not seem glamorous, but our cause is unique and important!
Currently, we have a need for Animal Care volunteers during the week (Monday-Friday). If you are interested in gaining more hands-on Animal Care experience and giving back to a local organization, this could be the role for you!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week, minimum 6 months' committment
- under 18 considered (parent/guardian must be present at all times)
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Grants and Fundraising for local...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Weekly Animal Care - farm...