Golden Rollers Senior Bike Club Assistant Instructor/Ride Support (various locations)
17 people are interested
Golden Rollers is a collaboration between the Ghisallo Cycling Initiative and the Conley-Guerrero Senior Activity Center in East Austin and other Recreation Centers that provides an opportunity for adults aged 50 and older to engage in low-impact, tricycle-based recreation, exploration, and transportation. Volunteers would lead the tricycle group through the area on bicycle, pacing the ride to meet the needs of partipants.
Volunteer Duties may include:
- Moving tricycles from storage area to riding area
- Greeting and talking with program participants about the ride
- Leading the tricycle group while on bicycle through the Boggy Creek Greenbelt area
The dates and times vary depending on the location and the time of year, but are mainly during the morning or early afternoon. We will most likely have something to fit any schedule.
About Ghisallo Cycling Initiative
1000 Brazos St., Suite 100, Austin, TX, TX 78701, US
Our primary mission is to develop youth who safely and expertly integrate bicycling into their daily lives, to teach participants self-sufficient cycling skills, and to facilitate the experience needed for youth cyclists to be peer leaders.
Ghisallo Cycling Initiative is a local nonprofit that focuses on working with at risk youth to train and empower them as cyclist in their neighborhood. Here's a little bit about each of our programs:
- Bike Clubs: After school program where we provide bikes and ride with students to area destinations such as parks and rec centers, teaching and encouraging safe riding along the way
- Earn-a-Bike Program/ Bike Shop: Bike shop housed in the Boys & Girls Club where youth can earn a bike for working in the shop
- Community Bike Hubs: Shipping Containers that are outfitted to serve as a bike shop & bike storage space so that groups may check out bikes
- Bike Rodeos: Bike safety Clinics during PE time at area schools
- Golden Rollers : Provides an opportunity for adults aged 50 and older to engage in low-impact, tricycle-based recreation, exploration, and transportation
Please check out the link below to view a map of our current program sites:
We'll work with your schedule.
1000 Brazos St, Suite 100Austin, TX 78701
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Mornings. Times and days vary by location.