Help Homes First Provide Housing By Serving On Our Board of Directors.
We are specifically seeking low-income people or people who live in a low-income neighborhood. This could be:
- College-aged students
- People with Disabilities
- Support the mission of Homes First and are willing to share it
- Are yourself low income (80% or less of Area Median Income) OR
- Are or can become a member of a low-income neighborhood association
- Are able to attend at least six board meetings a year (last Thursday of every month)
Homes First is a CHDO organization.
A "CHDO" (pronounced "CHO-DOE") is a Community-Based Housing Development Organization-a special status which the government grants to nonprofit community organizations engaged in housing development activities that benefit low and moderate income families. To be a CHDO, 1/3 of the members of our board of directors must be low income or represent a low income neighborhood association.
There are several significant benefits of becoming a CHDO, including access to government funding and property tax exemptions, which help us keep our rents low.
More information: http://homesfirst.org/who-we-are/board/
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a month for at least six months of year
- Can come to our office for monthly meeting as above