Project Hawai'i, Inc., is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations. Our agency provides year round service to the homeless (unsheltered) children to help them escape their cycle of poverty.
Christmas is a very important to time to all children, even homeless children. While they are not able to experience decorating their own Christmas tree, or the smell of a holiday meal cooking in the kitchen, or holiday traditions with family, they still have the NEED of being accepted and NOT FORGOTTEN by Santa. Most of the children will go to bed knowing that Santa will never come, they don't believe in childhood fairy tales and basically only know a life of struggle and being left out of wonders we take for granite.
YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE this holiday season!!! You can help Project Hawai'i provide a wonderful holiday for these precious children.
Our agency will provide their wish list items, a hot meal and food box, stockings, new outfits and hygiene products to over 1,500 unsheltered homeless children on our islands. While that is a small amount compared to the numbers, we strive to seek out all the children we can find during this time of the year. Our elves conduct outreach weekly until Christmas to assure Santa finds all thes children.
SO... READY TO HELP SANTA full-fill the wishes of homeless children?
We need YOU!!
What does this position require?
- To be a self-starter and motivated person
- To contact local companies, organizations, groups, offices, etc (those with larger foot traffic or large employee base work best)
- Be able to take Kokua Cans to the locations you secure and CHECK on them weekly, or at least every other week
- We suggest you work with those you already have connection with, and easy access to your everyday routine. The traffic gets horrible during the holidays, and I don't want this to be a hassle for you.
- These are decorated cans that are placed on a register or office entrance, somewhere easy for people to put their spare change or donation
- We do have some decorated cans, but would LOVE for you to make your own. Suggestions and help will be provided
WHY ARE THESE IMPORTANT?
- We use the donations provided in the cans to assure we can sponsor all the children who do not get chosen from the wish list.
- We use the donations to purchase parishable and hot meals
- We use the donations for the (behind the scenes) needs, such as wrap paper, Sterno, place setting... all sorts of items that add up quickly
- This allows us to sponsor MORE CHILDREN!!! Each can usually sponsors one entire child's needs
Please email us for more details and your input. Mahalo again for your wonderful support towards the homeless children this holiday.
#homelesskeiki #projecthawaii #christmascheer #christmasvolunteer #donate #holidays #familysupport #groupvolunteer #companysponsorship #helpthehomelesskeiki
- Crisis Intervention
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Acquisition
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Will be a part time weekly commitment
- Must be outgoing, organized, love talking with people and reliable