Project Hawai'i, Inc. is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations. Our agency provides year round services to homeless (unsheltered) children on the islands of O'ahu and Big Island of Hawai'i.
Imagine living in a puka filled tent, or an abandon vehicle without basic life necessities and knowing in your heart that Santa will never come. You are unsure if you will eat a healthy meal while school is out, and not even sure what day is Christmas, as it has never happened for you.
Well our dedicated volunteer elves won't let that happen. We conduct outreach across the islands, high in the mountains, on the beaches, in the bushes, under the bridges to assure that our homeless children are well cared for and provided a wondrous holiday season.
We can't do that without the community support. So, we need YOU to help us with the task of collecting needed items for our stockings to assure these precious children are not left out.
WHAT DOES THIS REQUIRE:
- A self-starter who can work independently and follow through with tasks given
- Be able to assist with setting up fundraiser or collection sites, or within your own group, club, office, etc.
- This does require YOU to set up a collection/ collect supplies and then deliver to one of our scheduled collection sites across the island
- PLEASE NOTE: For those who wish to do a monetary donation collection that is fine too. Or a fundraiser event to raise funds.
- Be organized and be able to complete this project by Dec. 15th on O'ahu or Dec. 20th on Big Island
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Email us your name and contact information.
- We will send you a instructions and groups of items that you can choose to be responsible for during your collection
- We will provide you with the final drop off locations and dates.
Why these stockings are so important to our children and teens?
- The stockings are filled with basic life necessities and other items that help stimulate their minds during their long break
- Provide them with healthy snacks/hot meals
- Give them a sense of being worthy enough to Santa to provide such items to them
- For teens we add additional items that truly help them to gain life skills, and the opportunity to be more self-sufficient
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Acquisition
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- This will take 10-20 hours depending on you
- Must be able to follow through, finish what you start!!