Are you looking for a fun and fulfilling way to make a difference in your community? Do you have skills or expertise that could benefit a nonprofit organization? If so, you should consider applying to serve on A Window Between Worlds' nonprofit Board of Directors!
A Window Between Worlds (AWBW) is dedicated to cultivating and building a network of transformative arts programming that empowers individuals and communities impacted by violence and trauma. Our Board has truly been our guiding force and has led us to this significant moment in our history. This year we celebrate 25 years of creativity and healing, and as we continue to expand our services to reach new populations impacted by violence and trauma there couldn’t be a better time or opportunity to be part of such an impactful organization.
AWBW seeks passionate, energetic individuals who are interested in putting their leadership skills into action. Join our dynamic and effective board in providing strategic direction, governece, fiduciary oversight, and ensuring resources for the organization.
Are you or do you know someone who could be a good fit? Qualified candidates would meet the following criteria:
- Passionate about AWBW's mission and vision
- Demonstrates leadership skills and is a team player
- Dependable / able to follow through with attendance (6 meetings per year) and responsibilities
- Has ability to give/get $2,500 anually for AWBW
- Able to make a contribution in their area of expertise
- Currently candidates with expertise in law, real estate, military service/veteran, and fundraising are priorities
AWBW is also committed to fostering, cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity and inclusion in our role as an employer, partner, and resource for the communities with which we work. As such, we are seeking candidates that hold similar values and represent the diversity found among the communities we reach.
All interested candidates are encouraged to please email Jaime Reed, Executive Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org to share a little about yourself and your interests.
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week / Attend 6 meetings per year