Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International Students
180 people are interested
Great Internships for International Students, Graduates, and Professionals
ChangingThePresent has had fantastic interns and volunteers from more than 50 countries.
- international students who are attending American universities
- Chinese and other international graduates looking for a great OPT opportunity in their field
- international students who come from abroad just to work with us
- international professionals whose visas may not allow them to get paying jobs but want to use their skills and make a difference.
- trailing spouses of international professionals and of students on F-2 dependent visas
You can Join us for a month, a semester, or longer. You can focus on your professional specialty or your favorite cause.
Work Here or Remotely
You can work in our Manhattan office (very conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street) or remotely.
What We Do
More and more people, tired of buying and receiving yet more stuff, are showing their love in a more meaningful way. They honor births, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and graduations with donations made in a friend’s name. Until now, it has been too difficult for nonprofits to offer the requisite gift-like experience (tangible charitable opportunities, wish lists & registries, and personalized printed greeting cards). Now, ChangingThePresent.org makes it easy. In fact, the New York Times called us "an amazon.com of the nonprofit world." What You Will Gain from the Experience
Join us for your alternative break. You will:
- Make a big impact in the world. You will help channel to nonprofits addressing your favorite causes some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on presents. That will enable them to do their important work.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent.
- Assume responsibility and take a leadership role.
- Learn a tremendous amount.
- Work with great people from around the world and have a great time.
- Enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service.
Focus on Your Field of Study or Your Favorite Cause
- You can focus on your professional field of studies, including Human Resources (HR), graphics, marketing, social media, communications, finance, business, tech (computer science, information technology, etc.), supply chain management, or accounting.
- You can also focus on your favorite cause, including any of those listed below.
African-American, Aging, Agriculture, Animal Welfare, Arts & Culture, Blindness & Vision, Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children and Youth, China, Christian, Civil Society, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Conserve Sea And Marine Resources, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Education (Art), Education (Early Childhood), Education (Higher), Education (K-12), Education (Music), Education (Special), Education (STEM), Education (Vocational), Environment, Environment: Global Warming, Gender Equality, Global Health, Health, Hispanic, HIV/AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Hunger, Inclusive Cities, Inclusive Societies, India, Jewish, LGBTQ, Legal Services, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, New York, Peace, Poverty, Protect Environment And Biodiversity, Public Broadcast, Reduce Inequality, Refugees, Sexual Abuse, Stem Education, Strengthen Global Partnerships, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable Economy, Sustainable Energy, Sustainable Industrialization, Technology, Urgent Action On Climate Change, Veterans, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports, etc.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people show their love by sharing the experience of changing the world for the better. Learn More
Please see the illustrated presentation on the home page of this site. click me now Please Share This Opportunity
You can help other students and graduates when you share this opportunity. Use the social media buttons on the left side of our web page, or share the following via email, WeChat, Weibo, FB, Twitter, etc. We also have banners you can share here.
This NYC nonprofit has a great internship program for international students and for graduates seeking an OPT opportunity. Take a look: http://www.ChangingThePresent-join.org/international.html 我们是一家位于纽约的非营利组织，可以为国际学生提供丰富的实习项目，并且为毕业生提供OPT工作机会。详情请查看链接：
http://www.ChangingThePresent-join.org/international.html How to Apply If you are reading this in an email or a recruiting site, please read more at http://www.changingthepresent-join.org/international.html
To apply, please send a cover note about your interest and availability, as well as your resume (or a link to your Linkedin page) to:
Join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org
About Changing The Present
401 7th Avenue, level B, New York, NY 10001, US
We are launching our new website, which involves inviting the participation of all one million nonprofits, providing each with their own private gift site, and promoting this growing social norm: You don’t have to buy stuff to show your love; instead, you can do something meaningful in a friend’s name.
ChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which helps channel to nonprofits some of the $250 Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts, by making the experience of giving a donation in a friend’s name feel like a gift with tangible giving opportunities, wish lists, registries, and beautiful, personalized printed greeting cards. The New York Times referred to the site as an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world." You may recognize this as the approach proven by Heifer International, which raises $115 million a year by letting people donate to fund farm animals in a friend’s name. If farm animals can attract that much money, imagine how much is available for more popular causes.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 7th Avenue, Office level BNew York, NY 10001