YTech strives to provide digital equity for youth in the City of Seattle, through local partnerships and youth internships; by offering digital media education with technology workshops and a Civic Voice curriculum; as well as connecting youth to our online hub, PugetSoundOff.org. PSO is an online platform for youth to communicate and learn about issues they care about most. We create a safer space for youth to learn how to communicate via digital and social media, with each other (their peers), their larger community, and policy makers. We maintain PSO as an online space for this work, and we also connect it to other social media platforms to boost youth voice. Through interacting with PSO, youth get a constructive way to use their voices and gain tools to help their voices be heard by others.
Time Commitment: Variable, could range from a one-time workshop to 4 hours a week. We are looking for support on specific days when youth will be working on technological aspects like video/photo editing, social media posts, coding or any support regularly: every program day or one day a week. We are flexible and able to work with a volunteer’s availability.
Volunteers will be helping to involve youth in civic engagement through social media posts; assist youth in developing coding skills; help youth with photography, video production/editing, audio, or other related fields; and motivate youth to learn and succeed while building self-esteem.
1. Support youth in developing their media projects
2. Supporting youth in developing coding skills
3. Supporting youth with media posts
3. Supporting youth in civic engagement
- Experience working with groups of youth
- A positive attitude; Patience and understanding for youth
- An understanding of social and racial equity
- Computer/Technology Skills
- Some basic or advanced coding knowledge is encouraged
- Knowledge of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Knowledge of photo and video editing software (i.e. Adobe programs)
- The opportunity to volunteer with a highly respected non-profit organization with a proud history of more than 125 years.
- The opportunity to gain skills and explore your personal interests; develop new friendships; learn, grow and have fun!
- Gain personal fulfillment through contribution to individual and community work
- Satisfaction of helping youth progress, mature, and gain valuable skills and knowledge
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Science
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Variable: range from one-time workshop to 4hrs/wk