HealthStreet seeks part-time volunteers to serve as Community Health Workers for "Linking Older Adults from the Community in Florida to Memory Screening and Related Health Research", a community engagement program in Gulf County.
Volunteer Community Health Workers go out in the community to meet older adults at a variety of public venues such as libraries, laundromats, bus stops, community centers, neighborhoods, and many more. Duties include: Daily screening and assessing community members, obtaining informed consent, administering the health needs assessment, providing referrals to medical and social services, and linking to health research.
HealthStreet is located in Gainesville, FL, but reaches people in North East, North West and South Florida.
Volunteer position requires a genuine regard for diversity, outgoing personality, attention to detail, communicate effectively (verbally and written), committed to participant protection and privacy, and high personal integrity. Volunteer hours in the community will vary from 8 am to 8 pm including weekends depending on activities in the community. Applicants should live in and be familiar with Gulf County. Mileage will be provided at a set rate.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week
- Spanish speaking a plus; To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Seeking Volunteers in Calhoun...
- Seeking Volunteers in Gulf County
- Seeking Volunteers in Clay County
- Seeking Volunteers in Gadsden...
- Seeking Volunteers in Baker County
- Seeking Volunteers in Washington...
- Seeking Volunteers in Monroe...
- Seeking Volunteers in Jackson...
- Seeking Volunteers in Liberty...
- Seeking Volunteers in Bay County
- Seeking Volunteer in Volusia...
- UF HealthStreet is looking for...