Would you like to get into the growing world of nonprofits and philanthropy? This is an opportunity to help us with fundraising and development. It's all about cultivating and maintaining relationships with successful people who have the means and inclination to support a worthwhile cause. This is a virtual opportunity.
We're a nonprofit that doesn't take ads. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, meaningful work - and as a Book Excerpts Coordinator, you'll be playing a crucial role in our growth and development. Plus, we are a friendly bunch, cultivating a warm and supportive and inclusive atmosphere.
You'll work from home generally, but also meet frequently and work directly with your supervisor. Besides the great experience you will get, you will love us --the cause you will be helping.
As an Excerpts Coordinator you will:
- Review book publisher catalogs and publicity for upcoming releases, and also review books already in print, for subjects of interest to our readers.
- Supervise an administrative aide who will handle contact work with publishers to obtain permission to excerpt, and to obtain digital manuscripts.
- Distribute review copies to appropriate subject area experts for further consideration and joint selection of chapters for excerpting and joint editing.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience a plus.
- Can do attitude.
- Background in History/Journalism/Education is preferred.
Please note that thisi is an unpaid volunteer position
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Part Time
- Apprentice Reporter
- Image Editor
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- Newsletter Editor
- Base Camp Analyst
- Apprentice Editor
- Book Coordinator
- Brand Strategy/Insight Analyst
- Recruiter with experience in...
- Basecamp Analyst
- Project Coordinator - Editorial...
- Business Analyst
- Breaking News Editor
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)
- Excerpts Coordinator