Would you like learn and practice Project Management within a live environment?
This role provides an opportunity for both learning under seasoned PMPs, as well as execution of real projects within a small non-profit company. You will be responsible for scoping, scheduling, coordinating, and ensuring execution of full project lifecycles under the supervision of experienced process and project professionals.
WhoWhatWhy is a nonprofit that doesn't take ads. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, meaningful work.
As a Project Management Apprentice volunteer, you'll be playing a crucial role in our growth and development throught the execution of meaningful project work. You'll work from home generally but also meet frequently and work directly with the CEO and COO to help manage our strategic growth project protfolio. Besides the great experience you will get, you will love us, as well as the cause you will be helping.
Please thoroughly and carefully study our site, then tell us why you’d be a good fit. You should possess excellent communication skills, be organized, and have a passion and willingness to learn formal project management. Project Management experience a plus but not required.
Please aware that this is an unpaid volunteer job, but I promise you will love to with us and learn a lot from here!
Among your responsibilities as Project Manager you will:
- Work with relevant stakeholders to scope assigned projects
- Develop schedules and project plans to execute work
- Coordinate the execution of project plans
- Organize meetings and make sure that all project team members stay on track accoring to the schedule
- Report project progress and risks to COO
- Generally manage projects based on PMBOK methodologies to ensure successful project outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written English skills)
- Desire to learn project manager tools, techniques, and general skills
- Organized and self-starter
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Part Time
- Apprentice Reporter
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- Newsletter Editor
- Base Camp Analyst
- Apprentice Editor
- Marketing Representative
- Book Coordinator
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)
- Brand Strategy/Insight Analyst
- Image Editor
- Project Coordinator - Editorial...
- Recruiter with experience in...
- Basecamp Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Social Media Marketing Strategist
- Breaking News Editor
- Operations Manager
- Excerpts Coordinator