WhoWhatWhy, an up-and-coming non-profit investigative and analytical news site that specializes in responsibly tackling the many subjects and stories the mainstream media shies away from, is looking for a Recruiting Editor. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, and meaningful work.
We are looking for someone who has had some responsabilities as recruiter but with focus in journalism and editorial profiles.
As a Recruiting Editor, this position entails identifying top quality editorial talent using a wide range of sourcing and networking techniques. You will be on the lookout for new writers, editors, podcasters and other editorial team prospects, including attending industry events and promoting WhoWhatWhy.
The ideal candidate will have some project management experience in tracking tasks, building timelines, and managing many different projects at once. If you have a degree in English or a related field, enjoy reading, writing, and have a knack for details, then this is an excellent opportunity for you! Please be aware that this is a volunteer position. You will find the work gratifying and find your colleagues to be talented and supportive. Please thoroughly and carefully study our site, then show us and tell us why you’d be a good fit.
The Recruiting Editor will report directly to the CEO to:
- Create and execute unique and effective sourcing strategies and techniques to find top editorial talent.
- Identify opportunities for improving the talent in the editorial department.
- Serve as the point of contact for all editorial recruiting initiatives
- Provide value-adding, confident and credible recruitment advice to hiring managers and other key internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate creativity in using the right channels and messages to find targeted sources of high quality candidates
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of journalistic experience.
- Strong knowledge of journalistic landscape, including the job market and the platforms for finding writers and reporters.
- Highly organized and meticulous individual
- Previous Recruiting experience a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of news and current events necessary.
- Effective organizational skills, and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities.
- Be a demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently to meet deadlines and complete duties.
- Excellent communications skills (oral, listening, and written).
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Part time
- Apprentice Reporter
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- HR Recruiter
- Newsletter Editor
- Base Camp Analyst
- Apprentice Editor
- Marketing Representative
- Book Coordinator
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)
- Brand Strategy/Insight Analyst
- Image Editor
- Project Coordinator - Editorial...
- Recruiter with experience in...
- Basecamp Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Social Media Marketing Strategist
- Breaking News Editor
- Operations Manager
- Excerpts Coordinator