Come join the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network!
We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant to help assist in the Human Resources Department.
Role Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Human Resources Assistant prepares and maintains volunteer records related to events, such as recruitment, selection, termination, leaves, transfers, onboarding, and promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Interprets and explains HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Screens volunteer applicants and processes placement-related paperwork.
- Informs volunteer applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, schedules, volunteer working conditions, and promotion opportunities.
- Addresses employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work-setting complaints, and other volunteer concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Schedule or conducts new employee orientations.
- Maintains and updates human resources documents, such as organizational charts, volunteer handbooks, program manuals, directories, and performance evaluation forms.
- Confers with management to develop and implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Pre-selects qualified volunteer applicants and refer them to managers, making placement, appointment, and selection recommendations when appropriate.
- Review volunteer applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Conducts reference and background checks on job applicants.
- Conducts exit interviews and ensures that necessary termination paperwork is completed.
- Performs searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Provides management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, and documentation of performance issues.
- Contact applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Interviews applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills.
- Develops and implements recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Analyzes employment-related data and prepares required reports.
- Advises management on organizing, preparing, iand mplementing recruiting & retention programs.
- Evaluates recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Evaluates selection or testing techniques by conducting research or follow-up activities and conferring with management or supervisory personnel.
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hrs/week
- Degree in Human Resources or related experience