Come join the QC Pay It Forward Team!
We are looking for a Administrative Assistant.
Role Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Administrative Assistant performes routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
- Performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Program Manager or the Assistant Program Manager.
- Uses computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answers telephones and gives information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Creates, maintains, and enters information into databases.
- Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other materials.
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greets visitors or callers and handles their inquiries or directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintains scheduling and event calendars.
- Completes forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Operates electronic mail systems and coordinates the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Composes, types, and distributes meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
- Provides services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
- Reviews work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Conducts searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Manages projects or contribute to committee or team work.
- Mails newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- Orders and dispenses supplies.
- Learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Performs volunteer work hour functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting documentation to Program Manager for approval for purposes of corporate volunteer matching grants.
- Reroutes and directs collections and deposits of money into accounts to the Treasurer, submits requistion orders to the treasurer to pay bills or invoices, within company and departmental guidelines, polcies and procedures
- Assists the Bookkeeping Clerk in keeping records of donations, collections, and disbursements, specfically earmarked for the QC Pay It Forward Program for program transparency and to maintain nonprofit governance & nonprofit status compliance under guidelines set by the Internal Revenue Service, the federal goverment, and the State of Illinois
- Coordinates conferences, meetings, deparmental events (such as luncheons or training sessions).
- Arranges conferences, meetings, or travel reservations for office personnel.
- Establishes departmental procedures or schedules and keeps track of the daily volunteer work of additional clerical staff, as needed under the department guidelines that meet the standards and comply with company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Forwards donatons checks to the Corporate Office.
- Supervises other clerical staff, provides training and orientation to new staff.
- Assists in the preparation of QC Pay It Forward conferences or events materials, such as flyers or invitations.
- Assists in the coordination of joint activities of QC Pay It Forward and the Quad Cities Missing Persons Netwrok (such as, Special Events, Conferences, Fundraisers, Executive Committee Meeting, and company-wide retreats/training sessions.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hrs/week
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills! Must be organized and efficient.