Schedule: Tues/Thurs 5-6:30
Position Description: Provide one-on-one and/or small group academic support to students in GED subject areas (math/social studies/science/reading/writing). Tutoring sessions will occur outside of class time at a specified location (Shoreline College or the Shoreline Goodwill Job Training & Education Center). Assist students with test prep materials.
- Provide guidance and academic support to individuals or small groups
- Preparatory work before tutoring sessions: identifying current lessons from instructors and creating examples/activities (role playing, practice exercises, reading materials, etc.) based on lesson plan
- Provide a wide array of examples, depending on the student’s learning style
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in basic education focused on adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- GED math tutor needed!
- Math, reading, and writing tutor...
- GED test prep tutor
- Tutors needed for math, reading,...
- Jewelry Department - small...
- Open Computer Lab Assistant
- Support youth in math, physics...
- Career Lab Assistant - help...
- Instructor's Aide ESOL
- Lunchtime conversation...
- Math + English tutors needed!