Did you know that less than 50% of the children with mental health conditions receive the services they need? Western Youth Services is changing that. Our Outreach and Engagement (O&E) North location is in need of volunteers. Outreach and Engagement identifies those that have fallen through the cracks with a gap in care and provides individual support and case management in homes, schools and other public places, ensuring that services are accessible and provided to those that need them.
Position: Outreach & Engagement Volunteer (Bilingual/Spanish)
Date/Time: M-F/ 8am-5pm
Where: 131 W Midway Dr. Anaheim, CA 92805
Duties: Volunteers assist the Outreach and Engagement team by:
- Providing outreach and support to target participants, their families and their communities at-large.
- Disseminating program information through a variety of platforms, including, but not limited to, community events, workshops, and presentations.
- Assisting with case management (i.e. providing referrals and follow up to ensure linkage - this may happen in the office or field).
- Locating and updating community resources (this might happen in the office or field).
Gain experience in the field of mental health while making a difference. Break the stigma, be the change!
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- M-F 8am-5pm, 10 Hours per week minimum