The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Sacramento is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Asssistant to assist and promote our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information alongside our Program Development Coordinator and Diocesan Council. Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications intern. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
This position is UNPAID WITH NO EXPECTATIONS OF HIRING. However, this allows flexibility to work with school/work life schedules for those who need formal experience or work service hours for any special work programs. Additionally, the assistant can either work remotely, or at our office as to their needs. As this position is unpaid, we are also able to make reasonable accommodations if there are barriers.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Perform "damage control" in cases of bad publicity under supervision of leadership
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors under supervision of leadership
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Assistant will have the option to either work remotely using their own computer with a weekly supervision meeting or will be provided with a formal work/office space per needs.
- Must have reliable transportation (Can accommodate)
- Can lift up to 10 pounds. (But rarely applicable)
- Studying in Communications/Writing/Marketing/Non-Profit Management or Entreprenuralship students are in encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of MS Office is REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of Social Media is a huge plus (Facebook, Instagram at minimum)
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus - But we can train
- Experience in copywriting and editing - But can train and support
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English - Bilingual in any language is a bonus but not required
- Resource Development / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible -- Preferred 5 hour a week commitment