Help adult immigrants learn English at Aquinas Literacy Center! By volunteering as an English Literacy Tutor for just 90 minutes per week, you can empower an adult learner to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Tutoring is scheduled at your convenience during regular Center hours (Monday through Wednesday 9am-8pm and Thursdays 9am-5pm). All tutoring occurs at our Center, located at 3540 S. Hermitage Ave. in Chicago. Prospective t utors must be native or near native English speakers. Knowledge of another language is not required; all tutoring is in English. You will receive 13 hours of training before working with an assigned learner.
Our next New Tutor Training Workshop will be:
Friday, January 20 from 6pm to 9pm and Saturday, January 21 from 9am to 4pm
Prospective tutors must attend both days, and advance registration is required. A one-time $25 fee helps cover the cost of materials and workshop refreshments. The remaining 3 hours of training are scheduled individually during regular Center hours. At the end of all training, you will receive a 6 month membership and a certificate through ProLiteracy.
Contact us for registration information today! Email Sabrina at email@example.com or call (773) 927-0512.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 90 min/week tutoring session, minimum 4 months
- Native or Near Native English Fluency
- Volunteer on Thursday Mornings...
- Volunteer on Monday Afternoons...
- Be a Wednesday Evening Greeter!
- Be a Tuesday Evening Greeter!
- Volunteer on Thursday Afternoons...
- Be a Thursday Morning Greeter!
- Be a Monday Evening Greeter!
- Volunteer on Monday Mornings in...
- Computer Learning Center Volunteer
- Be a Thursday Afternoon Greeter!
- Be a Monday Morning Greeter!
- English (ESL) Literacy Tutor
- Be a Wednesday Afternoon Greeter!
- Volunteer on Wednesday...
- Be a Tuesday Afternoon Greeter!
- Volunteer on Tuesday Afternoons...
- Be a Monday Afternoon Greeter!