Join Kidsave's Bay Area community team to help older Colombian orphans find families in 2017!
Four Reasons to Volunteer with Kidsave's Summer Miracles Program:
1. You will make a lasting impact on the life of a child.
2. You will have the most meaningful summer of your life.
3. You will see children come out of their shells and families grow.
4. You will engage your community and get others excited about our mission!As a global voice for change, Kidsave makes miracles happen for children the world has forgotten. Kidsave shows communities worldwide how to get children out of government orphanages and foster care and into loving families. Kidsave's ultimate goal is to ensure that all communities, everywhere, are able to provide love, hope and families to every foster child and orphan.
Kidsave is currently seeking volunteers to help coordinate the SF Metro/Bay Area community Summer Miracles program. The Summer Miracles program brings children from Colombia, ages 10-14, who are growing up in orphanages to communities across the U.S. to stay with host families/individuals for a 5 week summer visit. During their stay, the children experience life in a family, attend summer camp, and meet prospective adoptive families. Volunteer responsibilities include planning weekend advocacy events, reaching out to local media to advocate for the children, supporting host families, engaging prospective adoptive families in meeting the kids, fundraising to bring a group of kids to the local community, managing host family paperwork, and more.
The time commitment is approximately 10 hours a week with additional hours when the children arrive in the summer (July). Weekends and weekday evening availability is required. Work can be done remotely and Kidsave will provide an email address for Kidsave related correspondence. A cell phone is required as is a vehicle to travel to summer events.
- Child Welfare
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week, with more hours during summer
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly desirable