Pets Forever, a program through CSU's Veterinary Teaching Hospital, is working to keep animal-human families intact. It is designed to help low-income elderly and disabled Larimer County residents maintain ownership of their pets for as long as possible, and to improve the health and well-being of these pets and owners by providing needed help and resources. Give elderly and disabled pet-owners a hand by providing basic care for their pet - dog walking, trips to the vet, food delivery, litter box cleaning, and a little TLC! This opportunity normally takes 1-2 hours, once a week.
As a service-learning opportunity, students at Colorado State University are encouraged to sign up for the Pets Forever independent study course (VS 495 section 2) in place of serving as a community volunteer. For course information and/or details of enrolling, please contact Sarah Van Etten, Program Coordinator, at 970-491-0207.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours weekly
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Love dinosaurs??
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- Are You a People Person With a...
- Male Volunteers Needed!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Make new friends while you...
- Get in shape while building a...
- Enjoy reminiscing with seniors?
- In just one hour a week, share...
- Homework Helpers needed!
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Be a companion to a local senior!
- Support a senior's independence
- Help seniors with grocery needs!
- Put Home Repair Skills To Use In...
- Want to work at a museum?
- Help with Suicide Prevention
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!