The Administrative Assistant works directly with Site Coordinators to support clients, schedule appointments, and maintain site flow. This position can be paired with the intake specialist position.
- Answer phone calls and questions related to VITA processing such as general eligibility, required documentation, and walk-in and appointment hours.
- Use scheduling software to set up and manage appointments for clients.
- Make confirmation calls to clients one day prior to their appointments.
- Answer all client questions.
- Encourage clients to save a portion of their refund as a savings bond or in a savings account or safe and secure prepaid debit card.
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information.
- Ensure no compensation of any kind is accepted for volunteer services provided.
- Read all communications and updates on tax requirements or procedural changes.
- Respect client privacy.
- Maintain accurate records of assistance provided.
- Give 24-hour cancellation notice when unable to volunteer at your site.
- Ability to work as a volunteer one shift per week (4 hours), totaling at least 30 hours from January 24 th to April 15 th, 2017.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to strengthening families by increasing self-sufficiency.
- Strong computer literacy with experience using multiple applications (including Word and Excel formulas).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to quickly assess priorities and make adjustments as needed.
- Basic tax law knowledge.
- Bilingual in English and Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish a plus!
Training (to be provided by us Dec-Jan):
- Module 1 required.
- Pass the Standard of Conduct certification through Link and Learn.
We will have three orientation sessions in November and December. To sign up, please follow this link:http://tinyurl.com/jmatyy9.
If you have any questions, please contact Meg Heisler at email@example.com or (510) 606-1786.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week, January - April