Intake Specialists help clients feel welcome, introduce available savings vehicles, and complete a carefully designed intake process. This position can be paired with the administrative assistant position.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers to facilitate the workflow of the site, specifically the Site Coordinator and administrative assistants (answering phones, scheduling appointments, etc.).
- Welcome clients in a warm and proactive manner.
- Assist clients with intake forms and assess their asset building needs and goals.
- Share information on saving products and services; help clients identify which product(s) might best fit their goals.
- Refer clients, as needed, to free financial coaching services and products such as savings and budgeting, debt management and credit building.
- Aid with administrative responsibilities, including data collection to document outcomes.
- Encourage clients to save a portion of their refund as a savings bond or in a savings account or safe and secure prepaid debit card.
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information.
- Ensure no compensation of any kind is accepted for volunteer services provided.
- Read all communications and updates on tax requirements or procedural changes.
- Respect client privacy.
- Maintain accurate records of assistance provided.
- Give 24-hour cancellation notice when unable to volunteer at your site.
- Ability to work as a volunteer one shift per week (4 hours), totaling at least 30 hours from January 24 th to April 15 th, 2017.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people. Ease talking to people about their financial situation and supporting their financial decision-making.
- Computer skills for entering tax information (formal training will be provided).
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to strengthening families by increasing self-sufficiency.
- Previous experience with personal finances preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin is a plus!
Training (to be provided by us Dec-Jan):
- Module 1 required.
- Pass the Standard of Conduct certification through Link and Learn.
We will have three orientation sessions in November and December. To sign up, please follow this link:http://tinyurl.com/jmatyy9.
If you have any questions, please contact Meg Heisler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 606-1786.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week, Jan-April