ESL Teachers Needed for 2019-2020 School Year
60 people are interested
Literacy New York Greater Capital region is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing confidential instruction by trained staff and volunteers to individuals who wish to improve their reading, writing, math, and/or English fluency skills.
We are currently seeking multiple volunteers to teach beginner and intermediate ESL classes for our 2019-2020 school year. Training will take place in July and August.
- Provide classroom instruction according to class curriculum.
- Play an active role in helping learners achieve their goals.
- Monitor and report attendance and progress, and address issues in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate students.
- English language fluency and strong command of English grammar.
- Knowledge of a second language is helpful, but not required.
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring preferred.
- Basic computer literacy skills.
- Schedule - minimum commitment of 4 hours per week. Classes meet 2 hours per day, twice a week (M/W or T/Th). Hours are 10:30-12:30 or 1:00-3:00 or 5:30-7:30. Our greatest need is for the 10:30-12:30 slot.
- Location - Albany Public Library on Washington Ave
- Training - Combined online and in-person. Training orientation will be on July 2nd at 6:00 PM.
161 Washington AveSecond FloorAlbany, NY 12210
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training