ESL Classroom Volunteer
56 people are interested
Literacy New York Greater Capital region is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing confidential instruction by trained staff and volunteers to individuals who wish to improve their reading, writing, math, and/or English fluency skills.
Anyone looking to volunteer in a fulfilling position that makes a difference is welcome to apply!
- Provide classroom instruction on the subject of the course.
- Play an active role in helping learners achieve their goals.
- Monitor and report attendance and progress, and address issues in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate students.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings.
- English language fluency and strong command of English grammar.
- Knowledge of a second language is helpful, but not required.
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring preferred.
- Schedule - minimum commitment of 2-4 hours per week.
- Location - Albany Public Library on Washington Ave
- Training - Combined online and in-person.
We'll work with your schedule.
161 Washington AveSecond FloorAlbany, NY 12210
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training