Tax Preparers assist low-income wage earners complete their tax returns. Tax Preparers receive free training and are certified by the IRS.
- Conduct intake interviews to fully understand taxpayer’s tax situation and ensure the correct tax law is applied and all allowable credits are claimed.
- Provide high-quality tax return preparation and answer tax-related questions for all taxpayers.
- Assist taxpayers with electronically filing returns whenever possible.
- Contact the site coordinator or IRS support hotline for assistance when necessary.
- Provide information about other programs, such as food stamps, that taxpayers may be able to utilize (if applicable at your VITA site).
- Review completed returns for accuracy if certified to the Intermediate level.
- Ensure a copy of the completed tax return is provided to the taxpayer.
- Encourage clients to save a portion of their refund as a savings bond or in a savings account or safe and secure prepaid debit card.
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information.
- Ensure no compensation of any kind is accepted for volunteer services provided.
- Successfully pass the IRS certification test on required tax law knowledge.
- Only prepare returns within your certification scope (i.e. only Advanced preparers can help clients with itemized deductions).
- Read all communications and updates on tax requirements or procedural changes.
- Respect client privacy.
- Maintain accurate records of assistance provided.
- Give 24-hour cancellation notice when unable to volunteer at your site.
- Ability to work as a volunteer one shift per week (4 hours), totaling at least 30 hours from January 24 th to April 15 th, 2017.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people.
- Computer skills for entering tax information (formal training will be provided).
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to strengthening families by increasing self-sufficiency.
- Basic tax knowledge a plus.
Training (to be provided by us Dec-Jan):
- Modules 1-6 required.
- Pass Basic IRS certification test. Passing score on Advanced IRS certification test optional.
- Pass the Standard of Conduct certification through Link and Learn.
We will have three orientation sessions in November and December. To sign up, please follow this link:http://tinyurl.com/jmatyy9.
If you have any questions, please contact Meg Heisler at email@example.com or (510) 606-1786.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Financial Service Assistance
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week, January - April