The Administrative and Coordinating Support Intern will assist the Coordinator during morning and early afternoon class sessions in providing services to students, and performing general administrative office functionsincluding:
- Greeting and registering new students over the phone and in-person
- Participating in New Student Intake
- Proctoring and scoring student tests
- Maintaining students and volunteer files and database information
- Overseeing and promoting our Distance Learning Program to current students
- Optional- occasional subbing in an ESL class (training and lesson plans provided)
This is an unpaid position with flexible start and end dates. Interns can select to serve between 2 and 6 months, and commit to a set range of 8 to 20 hours per week, during the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm, Mondays thru Thursdays.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, prompt and able to maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer, Internet, and office software skills necessary
- Experience with cultural diversity preferred Benefits
- Skills and knowledge in the field of Adult Basic Education
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Connections in the literacy and nonprofit community
- Potential to gain experience teaching ESL
Please email letter of interest and resume to: Christian Preston, email@example.com For more information, you may email or call (612) 789-9024.
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Help adults gain essential...
- Video Volunteer
- Help adults study for the GED!...
- Morning GED Classroom Teachers...
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...
- Summer Reads VISTA
- Youthbuild Tutor
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Administrative and Coordinating...
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...
- Help your neighbors build...