Various Time Slots
Westside Food Center- Assist Seniors shop
Westside Food Center Can accommodate 1-5 people. The hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-12pm, closed Saturday and Sundays.
Volunteers that participate will have the opportunity to mingle with some of our seniors who pick up their boxes or replenish the floor by cutting the stock to distribute to the senior in the small replenishment warehouse.
Activities volunteers may be assisting with
Food distribution to active seniors and provide other assistance as needed such as:
- Pulling stock from replenishment warehouse just off the food center and restocking the distribution area.
- Corralling the shopping carts back into the building
- Keeping the floor safety by removing debris and other obstructions on the floor
- Boxing/Bagging commodities
Volunteer Clothing Attire: We suggest volunteers dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes (Keep in mind that the temperature inside the building may be cool during the cold months and hot during the warmer months.) No open toe shoes, jogging pants, shorts, tank tops/sleeveless shirts.
Supervisors: Jonetta Johnson & Sheila Buchanan.
Must call or email to schedule a time to volunteer.Please allow at least a 2 hour commitment of service.
Food Center hours are:
closed on the weekend.
Event Meeting Location:
Westside Food Center
1300 Oakman Blvd. Detroit, MI 48238
View Location Map
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Focus: HOPE event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0168gXWNJ2i
2. Click on the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the "Event Registration Code" field. Next, click the "Register for selected event" button to complete the additional registration.
Event Registration Code: XWNJ2i
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14