Description: Learn critical fundraising, marketing and administrative skills applicable in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, while contributing to making positive changes in our communities! APADRC is seeking a Development / Marketing Intern to assist the in planning and executing a variety of events. This position requires approximately 10 hours per week, but may vary due to the events-based focus of the position. Hours may be negotiable depending on schedule and qualifications.
1. Contributes to the success of APADRC's fundraising events by helping with a variety of tasks, including: networking, soliciting donations and/or silent auction items, working with vendors, writing letters, designing flyers and other marketing materials, and day-of logistics (such as coordinating event volunteers).
2. Helps raise money from individual donors through direct mail campaigns by writing letters, reviewing the mailing list and helping prepare the mailing.
3. Ensures we have accurate records for our donors and their giving history by maintaining the donor database.
4. Writes articles for the eNewsletter and other forms of communication.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Application instructions: If interested, please send a brief cover letter plus your résumé via E-mail, fax or mail to:
1145 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone: 213. 250. 8190
Fax: 213. 250. 8195
Web site: http://apadrc.org
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20