POSITION TITLE: FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER, MARKET, LEADERSHIP BOARD
RESPONSIBLE TO: Leadership Board
STAFF PARTNER: Kim Mercado
TERM: One Year term; with two one year renewable terms
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LEADERSHIP BOARD FUNDRAISING CHAIR
* Responsible for working with staff and volunteers to hit local fundraising goals.
* Work with committee of volunteers in the following activities to ensure a successful event:
o Identify, recruit and cultivate volunteers to participate in events like Walk to Cure Arthritis, Jingle Bell Run/Walk, Fashion Fights Arthritis and other key fundraising events.
o Recruit sponsors, teams and individuals to financially support key fundraising events.
* Identify individuals, foundations and corporations who can support the Arthritis Foundation with cash or in-kind support.
* Willingly go on face to face meetings with staff to open doors.
Community Leadership and Influence:
* Ensure the Arthritis Foundation strategic plan is adhered to. Encourage committee members to be accountable for attaining mission and fundraising goals.
* Act responsibly, ethically and in good faith on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation.
* Represent the Arthritis Foundation at official functions in the community at large and through social media.
* Serve as an e-Advocate.
Financial Support and Outreach
* Responsible for attaining annual mission and fundraising goals for the local market area.
* Encouraged to support the Foundation financially by making a personal annual gift; a minimum annual gift of $1,000 is recommended. The contribution should be an amount consistent with the Member’s major charitable donations.
* We also have a get policy with minimum suggested guidelines. That support for the Foundation could come through your own company support and/or solicitation of corporate partners, foundations and donors generating cash donations, personal gifts, and/or in-kind donations to offset budgeted expenses.
* Actively participate in at least one special event (Walk to Cure Arthritis, Jingle Bell Run/Walk or other special events) Examples include: securing new corporate sponsor(s); securing new corporate teams for Walk to Cure Arthritis and/or Jingle Bell Run/Walk.
* Support the Foundation’s mission and fundraising activities by opening doors within your sphere of influence to individuals, companies and organizations.
Volunteer Identification, Cultivation and Recruitment
* Ensure the Arthritis Foundation fulfills its commitment to diverse volunteer leadership that reflects the communities served.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
* Arthritis Foundation Orientation (required)
* Ongoing at regular meetings
* National webinar trainings
Conduct an annual self-assessment that is shared with the Volunteer Engagement Committee Chair. The chair will give feedback on performance based on member responsibilities and level of leadership.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training