Bay Area Girls Rock Camp (BAGRC) seeks driven individuals to assist with our End-Of-Year Appeal and other fundraising campaigns. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable event planning, fundraising, and non-profit development skills while supporting BAGRC's mission. This position is flexible and can be molded to fit your interests, skill-level, and availability.
- Solicit and track in-kind donations from local businesses
- Fulfill donor gifts during and after our end-of-year appeal (November-January)
- Engage with donors during mailing and phonebanking events (November)
- Opportunity to lead and organize a fundraising event with support and resources from BAGRC staff (December)
Background and Experience
- Interest in grassroots organizing, social justice and BAGRC's mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a variety of projects
- Ability to work effectively, both individually and in a team
About Volunteering with BAGRC
We're an organization with a small, dedicated staff and a passionate network of volunteers. This opportunity allows for creativity and flexibility to align with your goals, interests, and availability. Work takes place in Oakland, in and out of our downtown office, and can partially be performed from a remote location.
This volunteer position is most beneficial when carried out through the entire Appeal period (which ends in early January). Volunteer opportunities begin immediately. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- Inventory Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hrs per week ideal