Advisory Council Positions Now Open
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where300 SW Hill Rd.McMinnville, OR 97128
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving on the Senior Advisory Council
Current Yamhill County Openings:
- 2 Yamhill County Representatives to serve on Senior Advisory Council
- 1 Yamhill County Representative to serve on Disability Services Advisory Council
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affect our seniors
- WORK ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, elder abuse, senior nutrition and health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the aging community
- NETWORK with other senior leaders and local and state government officials
- Passion for our aging or disability population
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- May require a background check
- Must reside in county being represented
- Representatives serve 2 year terms
- Meetings typically held in Salem
- Teleconferencing and travel arrangements may be available upon request
Qualifications for Council Membership:
- Interest in and commitment to representing the interests of older adults or people with disabilities.
- Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of older adults or people with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to think objectively and express ideas.
- Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores-Delgado, Council and Volunteer Coordinator
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of approx 3 hour commitment once a month.
- Applicants must complete an application and interview. Members are expected to attend all meetings.