Yamhill Advisory Council Representative Needed
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where300 SW Hill Rd.McMinnville, OR 97128
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving on the Senior or Disability Services Advisory Council as a Yamhill County Representative.
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affects Oregon seniors
- WORK ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, elder abuse, senior nutrition and health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the aging community
- NETWORK with other senior leaders and local and state government officials
- Passion for our aging or disability population
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- Reside in county being represented
- Serve 2 year terms
- May require a background check depending on committee assignments
- Meetings typically held in Salem
- Teleconferencing and travel arrangements may be available upon request
Qualifications for Council Membership:
- Interest in and commitment to represent the interests of older adults or people with disabilities.
- Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of older adults or people with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to think objectively and express ideas.
- Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores Marin, Bilingual Council and Volunteer Coordinator
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of approx 4 hour commitment once a month.
- Applicants must complete an application and interview. Members are expected to attend all meetings.