A Jersey Cares Project Coordinator will assist volunteers in mentoring students by leading book discussions, assisting students in studying for exams, helping in creative arts or just by talking about the everyday challenges of life. Volunteers are needed to help highly motivated, academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged eighth grade students with their math and writing.
The program’s goal is to develop future leaders through education. Students participate in a rigorous 14-month preparatory program that places them in competitive, primarily independent, secondary schools.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Earth Keepers in Essex County...
- Hunger Helpers in Newark
- Newark Ambassadors
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Conversations and Connections in...
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Donation Sorting in Short Hills
- Tutor and Mentor in Madison
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- College Readiness Academic...
- Camden Volunteer Recruiter
- Earth Keepers in Manchester