Have you ever wanted to volunteer, but thought I don't kow if I have enough time? I don't know if I would know what to do? I don't like to go alone?
If so, become part of a volunteer TEAM. You and a friend, family member, neighbor, loved one, fellow student, or another new or seasoned volunteer could join you.
We are looking for volunteers that could provide companionship and supervison to either a child with a disability or a senior who is frail, has memory loss, or a chronic health condition, so that their loved one/caregiver could get a much needed break.
Volunteers do not provide medical care or daily living cares.
Volunteers are needed age 16 - 80 plus for 2-4 times a month for a 2-4 hour visit. If you are part of a team it can require less of your time to volunteer, be un, make a new friend, and allow you to have a more flexible volunteer role.
Volunteers are needed in Cottage Grove, Oakdale, Woodbury, Afton, Bayport, Stillwater, Forest Lake and other Washington County Cities.
Volunteers are needed for either day, evening or weekend hours.
It's fun, you talk, play, take a walk, listen, do crafts, play cards and games and other activities.
Couples this is a great role for you as one can sit and visit and the other can do some easy household tasks.
This break is so important for a caregiver and will also enrich your life.
- Child Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 times a month. 2-4 hours a visit.
- Dependable, good boundaries, enjoy children or seniors
- Dice, Football, Pool, Ice Cream,...
- Are you active? Can you keep up...
- Ping Pong, Cribbage, Funny...
- TEAM volunteering
- Woodbury 55125, Bowling,...
- Woodbury, MN 55129 Art, History,...
- Scandia 55047 I like watching...
- I'm looking for a volunteer to...
- Lake Elmo 55042 I'm pleasant,...
- Family to Family Volunteering...
- Oak Park Heights Senior Visiting