You can help seniors understand their helthcare options.
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where260 NE Kings Valley Hwy.Dallas, OR 97338
Health care information is often confusing, hard to understand and beneficiaries often find it difficult to navigate the sea of information from health care providers.
SHIBA volunteers assist individuals with non-biased information regarding:
- health and prescription insurance options,
- health care resources,
- prescription assistance and
Counselors help consumers understand their benefits and rights. The SHIBA program is always looking for motivated volunteers who are willing to learn and help.
- Assistance can be offered by phone and in person.
- SHIBA counselors typically volunteer 4 hours a week, yet may volunteer more or less.
- Mandatory counselor meetings generally occur every other month.
You are also invited to contact your local SHIBA Coordinator:
Marion, Polk, Yamhill Counties
Annette Gandy SHIBA and Senior Medicare Patrol Coordinator
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Counselors typically volunteer 4 hours a week
- Complete SHIBA Certification Program