One day! Coach small group of students @ Gwinnett JA Discovery Center!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
54 people are interested
Volunteer Commitment: One day, 8am-2:45pm
September - May | Monday - Friday
SEE CALENDAR OF OPPORTUNITIES
Why Volunteer with JA?
Middle Schoolers today are learning a lot but have little opportunities to put their learning into practice. The future economy demands independent thinkers, collaborative workers, and excellent communicators.
This is where JA comes in: we make learning fun. We make learning experiential, authentic and relevant. We partner with local school districts and local businesses - together, preparing students for tomorrow’s demands.
Am I qualified to volunteer?
If you ever had a job or paid a bill then the answer is YES! You are qualified. We need you. The best volunteers are adults who have gone through life experience, who impart wisdom on the next generation of kids. ..."it takes a village" they say. And it’s true here. You can be a coach for a day with a small group of students as a group (team-building) or as an individual.
At JA, we teach kids in a fun way concepts of how to make money and how to spend money wisely in a hands-on with two simulation programs: JA BizTown & JA Finance Park We impact over 65,000+ students per year, with 11,000+ volunteers and 200+ partners!!
About JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
275 Northside Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30314, US
Imagine a generation of students armed with the confidence and understanding to take control of their futures and equipped to achieve their dreams. Junior Achievement’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy by redesigning education to make learning more experiential, authentic, and relevant to the real world.
TWO PROGRAMS TO GET INVOLVED:
1. JA DISCOVERY CENTERS (JA BizTown or JA Finance Park): In a one day visit to JA BizTown or JA Finance Park, volunteers guide students as they progress through the interactive simulation to either help students run a business (JA BizTown) or help students budget as an adult for the day (JA Finance Park). JA BizTown and JA Finance Park provides middle school students with authentic and innovative learning experiences around professional business skills. There is no prior training or experience required, except volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- JA's Chick-fil-A Foudnation Discovery Center - downtown Atlanta
- JA's Discovery Center at Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, next to Discovery High School
- JA's Mike and Lynn Cottrell Discovery Center - Forsyth County
2. 3DE, POWERED BY JA
3DE Re-engineers high school education through partnerships with the business community and school districts, creating a new model of experiential learning through real-life case challenges. Looking for skilled volunteers with knowledge of: CASE STUDY METHODOLOGY, PRESENTATION, POWERPOINT CREATION, CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING.
9 Different High School's around Greater Atlanta.
JA's Discovery Center @ Gwinnett1333 Old Norcross RdLawrenceville, GA 30046
- Child Development
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One Day | 8am-2:39pm | Monday - Friday | Training provided day of event
- 18 years or older and have never been charged with violence, or any type of charge involving a child or young person.