Dune Restoration Planting at Monterey State Beach
WhenSat Feb 04, 2017, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
WhereMonterey State Beach2600 Sand Dunes Dr.Monterey, CA 93940
Join Return of the Natives, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Caifornia State Parks for a native species planting at Monterey State Beach! This is a critical habitat for the threatened Western Snowy Plover species, and we need YOUR help!
Earn community service hours and spend a morning on the dunes!
Directions: Monterey State Beach, Monterey, CA, where Canyon Del Rey Blvd. hits the beach. Near Monterey Tides hotel at 2600 Sand Dunes Dr. Look for R.O.N. Event signs.
*Volunteer groups of 10 or more please RSVP.
*If under the age of 18 please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver prior to the event. Visit:
For Community Service Documents:
Name of Sponsoring Organization - Return of the Natives
Organization Representative - Lauren Krohmer
Title - Volunteer Coordinator
Phone Number - 831-582-3686
*Weather Policy: The event will be postponed only if it is raining hard on the day of the event. Event postponement will be posted on our websitehttp://csumb.edu/ron, our Facebook page, and a voicemail recording on the 582-3686 line by 8:30am on the day of the event.
For more information go to our website http://csumb.edu/ron, or call 831-582-3686.
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 0-3 hours
- Native Species Planting at Fort...
- Oak Woodland Restoarion at CSUMB
- Habitat Restoration at Fort Ord...
- Dune Restoration Planting at...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas!
- Take It Outside Day & Spring...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas
- Cesar Chavez Day park Cleanup
- Winter Bird Count and Park...
- Planting at Moss Landing State...
- Planting at Fort Ord National...
- Oak Woodland Restoration Planting
- Dune Habitat Restoration at Moss...
- Park Cleanup and Aquatic...
- Salinas Earth Day Celebration!