Virtual Volunteer Administrative Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
This is an unpaid volunteer experience. We are looking for someone to volunteer their time to help sustain our young non-profit.
Our mission is :
Centered in the emergency departments across the country, the National Alliance of Research Associates Programs, Inc. is a non-profit clinical research organization facilitating large scale, national, multi-center studies to increase the quality of health care delivery nationally, especially in the areas of screening and prevention. Our work engages vast numbers of pre-health professional students as data collectors in the studies, providing enhanced clinical opportunities unique to the research setting while teaching the fundamentals of interacting with patients.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and staff support to the general organizational operations. Working under the direct supervision of the COO this position provides all necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks.
This will be done on both a virtual and in the future, in an on-site basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Meetings, Appointments, Presentations, Events
- Organize in house meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes and agendas
- Provide meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics)
- Schedule presentations and coordinate necessary materials as requested
- Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Directors
- Assist and participate in specified NARAP events
- Manage calendars
- Assist in maintaining master calendar of in-house meetings.
- Assist. initiate and follow up with correspondence on behalf of the Team
- Keep updated contacts lists
- Assist in maintaining mailing and newsletter contacts programs
- Assist with the completion of filings for the organization
- Assist with the maintenance, update and merge contact lists with mail database
Office Support -
- General office duties such as typing, bookkeeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, etc.
- Booking travel and hotel arrangements as needed.
- Responding to staff requests for administrative support as needed
- Provide support of mailings or coordinating bulk mailing processes
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with team spirit
- Provide administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large-scale mailings
- Maintenance of files and classification and filing of new items
- Minimum one year office administrative support experience is preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under deadlines
- Must have some experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new software programs.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment