** Make sure to include your phone number so we can reach you!!**
For the past several years, HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op, a K-12 charter school, has helped brighten the holidays through the HOPE Families In Need program by organizing the donation of gifts from community members who we lovingly call "HOPE Angels" (aka Secret Santas). This program provides Christmas gifts to at-risk youth in grades K-12 who attend HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op. These students attend school in over 20 different locations around the Denver metro area. We call these official schooling locations "Learning Centers". The HOPE students attend school M-F during normal school hours in these Learning Centers.
Many of these students and their families cannot afford Christmas and would otherwise go without. Last year we provided Christmas to over 200 families! We are anticipating numbers equal or greater to that this year. We need your help with purchasing and donating gifts for these students (K-12). If you are interested in being a "HOPE Angel" donor, please let me know today and help spread the word!
If you have friends, community contacts, coworkers or friends at church who would be interested in blessing a child, we would love your help! Monetary donations are welcome as well so we can do the shopping for you! We can offer you a donation receipt upon request, as we are a non-profit.
We will be assigning student names and families in need starting on November 14, 2016. Until then, HOPE Online will be diligently seeking donors and collecting information for the assignments.
We are asking donors to donate 1 new toy gift and 1 new clothing item (coat, outfit, etc.) per child with a recommended figure of $25 per child. Feel free to give more if you’d like, as long as everyone in the family you’re assigned is gifted equally. Please refrain from donating used clothing or used items.
- Please wrap all your gifts before donating them. Gift bags work very well!
- Label each gift with the child’s first name, last name and Learning Center. Each student belongs to a HOPE Learning Center (aka "school").
- Deliver all wrapped and labeled gifts to the HOPE office at 373 Inverness Parkway, Suite 205, Englewood, CO, 80112 by December 8, 2016.
- The HOPE main office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm and can receive your donations during this time. If you are unable to drop donations off at the HOPE office during regular business hours, we may be able to meet you elsewhere and pick them up from you or arrange another drop off time.
*Many donors desire to deliver the gifts directly to the children themselves. Donors may desire to meet the children they donate to and either witness them open their presents or see pictures of the specific children they've donated to when they receive their gifts. However, due to the very large scope of this volunteer opportunity and since we are servicing literally hundreds of children around the Denver metro area, this is most likely will not be possible. Its simply too much for our small organization to organize and facilitate. We'll explain our process to you.
- Child Welfare
- Donor Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Shopping, wrapping, labeling times will vary.
- All gifts must be wrapped & labeled with the child's first/last name and Learning Center name!