At Core Paws, our goal and mission is to help rescues and shelters place their hardest cases in lifelong, loving homes. Founded in August 2014, Core Paws partners with animal rescues, shelters and municipal shelters to showcase their hardest cases on our website (www.corepaws.org). We run a Digital Advertising campaign with a $40,000/month spend alongside social media, email, and blog. Our main goal is to bring exposure and awareness to animals that are often times overlooked for a special need, behavioral issue, old age, and more. Our team is full of passionate professionals working together to utilize their skills to help as many hard-to-place homeless animals as possible. One of the largest initiatives of Core Paws is to support our partner shelters and rescues without a cost to them. This currently includes posting animals to our website, to social media channels, and promoting them through marketing activities.
Currently, fundraising is comprised of small events and social media campaigns, which helps to spread the reach of our movement for hard-to-place homeless animals and helps cover overhead expenses. Our future goal is to be able to have funds that would help our hardest animals get the care they need in order to be more adoptable (training, behavior consultations, pay for medicine, etc). For example, we recently completed an online fundraising campaign achieving our goal of raising $1,000 to help one of our Core Paws dogs, Odie, receive the behavioral consultation appointments he needed.
The Board of Directors is actively involved in expanding its fundraising efforts and is looking for a volunteer Fundraising Coordinator to assist with developing and implementing an annual fundraising plan. The plan will likely include event fundraising and fundraising for Core Paws funds that support not only our animals but also the people who care for them.
FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR VOLUNTEER
The Fundraising Coordinator will manage the manage the roles, responsibilities and execution of duties of all of our volunteers supporting fundraising; collaborate with Board Of Directors and Executive Director on developing, implementing and executing annual and ongoing fundraising initiatives; coordinate efforts of volunteers to support fundraising needs and requirements; work with Executive Director to prepare monthly reports for the Board in advance of monthly board meetings about current state of fundraising activities.
The Fundraising Coordinator will also work collaboratively with our Events team to ensure events support our fundraising goals.
- Assist Executive Director in defining job descriptions for each volunteer Fundraising position including requirements for duties and responsibilities
- Manage fundraising volunteers
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to define fundraising initiatives. Track and report on all initiatives to Board of Directors.
- Recommend, organize and execute the first major fundraiser for Core Paws with the support of the support of Board of Directors and volunteers
- Other tasks could include grant writing, prospect research and developing virtual campaigns
- Weekly check-ins; more often as events necessitate
- Respond quickly to urgent needs/questions
- Review and approve volunteers for Fundraising positions
- Management of all aspects of Annual Fundraising Event and smaller, ongoing events to support organizational growth
- Management of program to thank donors
- Management of program to track donations and report, as needed
- Gain hands-on, practical experience in fundraising
- Work with a committed team of volunteers and Board of Directors
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Evenings and weekends