Hesperian Health Guides, non-profit publisher of Where There Is No Doctor and other grassroots health materials, is seeking a volunteer to work with staff on measuring and documenting the impact of our international health work. Over the past 5 years, Hesperian has expanded from a primarily print-based publisher to an organization at the cutting edge of digital provision of health information. As we pursue innovations in our work, we hope to also take a more creative approach to measuring our impact in communities around the world.
- Work with a database of quotes from users of Hesperian books and tools. Specific tasks will include data entry, research on database improvements, data extraction, and data analysis.
- Reach out to partner organizations for documentation and feedback
- Work with staff on conceptualizing impact work
- Other projects according to need and interest
- Strong interest in global health
- Attention to detail
- Interest or experience in qualitative research
- Experience with FileMaker and HyperRESEARCH databases preferred, but not necessary
- This is an unpaid, volunteer position. We are asking for an initial commitment of 5-10 hours/week for 2 months at our office in downtown Berkeley, with the option to extend for up to a year.
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours a week, minimum 2 month commitment