Come join the QC Pay It Forward Team!
We are in need of an Assistant Community Outreach Manager.
The Assistant Community Outreach Manager will assist the QC Pay It Forward (QCPIF) Community Outreach Manager in planning, implementing, and directing Community Outreach operations and activities for the QC Pay It Forward Program & related services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the program or organization's budget and assist in development of policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits.
- Assist in directing volunteer workers, including the department’s Community Outreach Recruiter, Budget Clerk, and Program Secretary.
- Assist the Community Outreach Manager in providing provision of aid to the community by directly coordinating, and administering services to the homeless, persons in need, or those suffering from personal crisis.
- Assist the Community Outreach Manager in managing the QCMPN PIF Development Committee.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and directing the QCPIF Program in accordance with local, state, and national regulations, standards, and guidelines, as they arise.
- She/he will be familiar with the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network By-Laws, Administrative Procedures, Policies, practices, and all PIF Program plans, procedures, and policies.
- Delegates duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- Assign duties to QCPIF Volunteers and Staff, as needed.
- Assist the Community Outreach Manager in resolving customer complaints or problems.
- Promotes QC Pay It Forward products, services, and programs.
- Monitors performance of QCPIF volunteers and staff.
- Assists the Program Manager in overseeing the preparation of financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Interviews employees, customers, or others to collect information.
- Assists in the maintenance of operational records.
- Assists the Coordinates QC Pay It Forward special events and programs.
- Provides support to the Program Manager in directing administrative or support services.
- Assists in overseeing the preparation of operational budgets.
- Establishes interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
- Assists in the evaluation of training programs, instructors, or materials.
- Assists in the recruitment of organizational volunteer personnel.
- Assists the Program Manager in managing the conducting of opinion surveys or needs assessments.
- Represents the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network and QC Pay It Forward in external relations.
- Assists in the evaluation of the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that PIF Program is of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Provides direct service and support to individuals or clients, such as handling a referral for child & homeless advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
- Recruits, interviews, and signs up volunteers and staff.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Assists the Community Outreach Manager in overseeing administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
- Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
- Assists in the planning and administration of budgets for programs, equipment, and support services.
- Participates in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
- Oversees preparation and maintains records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
- Assists in research and analysis of member or community needs to determine program directions and goals, as needed.
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of PIF staff, volunteer, or community training programs.
- Represents QC Pay It Forward in relations with governmental and media institutions.
- Acts as consultant to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, state, and county regulations and policies.
- Speaks to community groups to explain and interpret agency purposes, programs, and policies.
- Assists in fundraising activities with the Executive Director, Fundraising Manager and the preparation of public relations materials, with the Chief Communications Officer, Marketing Development Manager, and other members within the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network.
- Takes initiative for clearly communicating key information
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, written, verbal and communication skills
- Seeks opportunities to promote organization
- Ability to focus and listen under pressure
- Excellent customer, client, and personal service.
- Ability to use computer programs, social media, and email.
- Attention to detail
- Child Welfare
- Resource Development / Management
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hrs/week
- Degree in Nonprofit Administration, Human Resources, or Manageme preferred or a willingness to learn