Nominations are now open for Social Enterprise Alliance, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter's 2016-2017 board of directors.
The current board members and officers will be completing their terms of service at the end of 2016. We will be electing new directors and officers at our membership meeting this coming November from a slate of candidates recommended by the current board or proposed by the chapter's membership.
You are invited at this time to nominate a candidate for the board, or volunteer to serve yourself. Serving as a board member allows you to meet and network with other leaders across sectors and generations using business for advancing social justice, support Bay Area social enterprise practitioners and social entrepreneurs, and help to define and build the field of social enterprise.
Here are the requirements to serve as a board member or officer:
- Maintain or obtain an active membership in SEA and live or work in the S.F. Bay Area. (Membership in the chapter is automatically included in your SEA membership.)
- Be actively engaged in social enterprise as a practitioner, supporter, advisor, entrepreneur or currently-enrolled student.
- Contribute 4-6 hoursper month to chapter activities (8-10 hours for officers and committee chairs).
- Attend one board meeting per month (meetings are in person every 3rd month; others are via teleconference).
- Actively serve on one standing committee of the chapter (e.g. Program or Membership).
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-6 hrs/month