Volunteers are a vital resource for out nonprofit hospice. Volunteers provide social visits for patients; playing games, reading, and just keeping good company. Volunteers typically visit once/week for about 1 hour, the schedule is flexible and great for working people and students! Please see below for complete position description. Thank you for your interest! Fort more information: www.HalcyonHospice.org or email Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Companion Volunteer Position Description
Varies depending on the care facility
Duties & Responsibilities:
Visit patients who are in a care facility, on a regular basis, to provide socialization and support. Sit and visit with the patient, read to, go outside or help with an activity.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding and knowledge of the grief process. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile insurance
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Orientation & Training:
typically visit patients once/week for 1-2 hours
schedule is flexible and accomodating
Attend required agency training course.
Various care communities in the Fort Collins and Loveland area
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- typically once/week or 1-2 hours
- Tb skin test, drug screening, Background check
- Massage Therapy Volunteer needed...
- Music Enrichment Volunteer...
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Licensed Cosmeotologist Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Licensed Cosmetologist Needed to...
- Hospice Companion Volunteer...
- Nonprofit Hospice Volunteers...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Administrative Assistant Needed...
- Companion Volunteers needed for...
- Music Enrichment Volunteers...