The Library Foundation of Los Angeles, a fundraising, community based, non-profit is looking to find an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of communications landscape as well as various social media platforms. The LFLA is looking for an individual with strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our passionate team to work together to change Los Angeles through the power of libraries.
The ideal candidate is proficient with PCs and Macs, and able to work well both independently and with staff. Applicants should also enjoy working with audio and visual materials, and be available to work (on average) two days per week. This is an unpaid internship.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more)
- Observe all forms of media
- Write press releases and other materials
- Create and update databases
- Screen phone calls
- Compile contact lists
- Assist with mailings and print production
- 18 years or older
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent preferably in Media, Communications, or related discipline (in process okay)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, ect.). Experience with Raiser’s Edge, and Photoshop preferred
- Detail oriented, and organized; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with donors and members of the public
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Some flexibility in working hours, with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to perform other administrative duties, as needed.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Technical Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed