- Are you 50+?
- Interested in volunteering?
- Passionate about reading or literacy?
- Want to give your time to children?
Would a little financial assistance help you make a commitment? We can help! Contact Experience Corps Bay Area to get started.
Experience Corps Bay Area is a time-tested, innovative, inter-generational tutoring and mentoring program that has served Bay Area schools and students since 1998. Our volunteers, age 50+, help students in grades K-3 gain the reading skills needed to succeed in school.
Experience Corps partners with AmeriCorps to offer modest stipends for your time and experience working with children! If you have 10 or more hours a week to give in service, this may be the program for you!
Our AmeriCorps stipend deadline is approaching, so contact us ASAP!
- AmeriCorps stipend of approximately $200/month
- Additional $1200 education award upon completion of service (This award may be used for college tuition or student loans. It can be transferred to a child, grandchild, or foster child.)
- Leadership opportunities
- Ongoing coaching and training
- Membership in a team of likeminded people, age 50+, who become a vital part of a school community
We need tutors and mentors in schools in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley.
A winning volunteer experience is based on realistic expectations. What we will need from you:
- A commitment of as little as 4 hours/week (10+ hours for a stipend)
- A desire to work with young students and help them succeed in school
- A high school degree or GED
- Conversational English skills. A second language is a plus!
- A background check
- A TB test
Experience Corps is a program for adults age 50 and over.
Call 415-759-4222 or email email@example.com for more info. Or take part in an upcoming info session.
Upcoming Info Sessions:
November 18, 2:30-3:30 - Glen Park Library, San Francisco
December 16, 1:30-2:30 - Potrero Hill Library, San Francisco
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- 4 hours per week ( 10 hours per week for stipend)