Girls For A Change is seeking women volunteers, called Girl Action Team Coaches, to guide girls through the process of creating a social change project! In partnership with female volunteers, girls identify an issue in their community, determine the root cause, and then implement a solution through a social change project.
We offer Coach training, staff support, and access to an app with our curriculum to help guide you throughout your weekly meetings with your team. We need women who are dedicated to supporting girls in becoming effective social change agents!
A free one-day coach training for WOMEN 18 years and older is mandatory. It will be on October 29th from 9am - 5pm at the Trinity Family Life Center. Free continental breakfast and light snacks served. Bring a bag lunch.Register today and become a part of an awesome network of other professional women who have gained skills and experience with youth development, group facilitation and coaching. If interested please email email@example.com or call 804-833-8842. Training information and list of Girl Action Team Sites will be given upon regsitraiton.
DURING TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- The definition of social change vs. community service
- How to teach girls about social change
- How to move from charity to change
- To identify the root cause of a problem, and to change the cause of an issue not the effects
- How to prepare and work with girls as partners
- How to give girls the opportunity to lead, think, ask questions and create
- How to capitalize on your strengths to build an unstoppable team
- How to start movements and implement projects that will impact your community by creating lasting and real change
HOW DO GIRL ACTION TEAMS BENEFITS GIRLS?
GIRLS WILL GROW IN FOUR AREAS:
- Self-efficacy (belief in one's personal power to produce an effect)
- Authentic relationships with adult female volunteers, who we call 'Coaches'
- Social Change skills (critical thinking, problem solving, resource development, and networking)
- The ability and confidence to express and implement their ideas
"The greatest thing about coaching has been watching the girls’ self-esteem and confidence grow exponentially since starting the program. The girls have gone from shy and 'taking the world as it is' to outgoing and 'changing the world to what it needs to be'. They are willing to tackle problems and keep working toward improvement." -Girl Action Team Coach, Silicon Valley
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours a week for 12-14 weeks
- Mandatory one day training on October 29th from 9am-5pm