The Historical Society of Newburgh Bay and the Highlands needs volunteers!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where189 Montgomery StNewburgh, NY 12550
Volunteering at HSNBH is a great chance for you to:
- learn more about Newburgh's rich history
- acquire new skills
- use your creativity
- meet new and interesting people
- help a public organization thrive
Below is a sampling of volunteer opportunities. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to participate or if you have new ideas.
- Join us on ensure that the HSNBH headquarters is open to the public each Sunday afternoon from 1:00-4:00 PM. Volunteers greet visitors, give tours, manage the gift shop and help with reference and general information questions. Volunteers will be trained Time: A commitment of at least four Sunday's from 1:00-4:00 PM at least per year. Training time would be one Sunday afternoon from two to three hours.
- Help us with the maintenance needs of the historic Captain David Crawford House, make interior and exterior repairs as needed and improve and maintain the grounds of our headquarters.Time: Any time commitment would depend on the nature of a project.
- Light Housekeeping - The Crawford House needs regular, light cleaning. We are looking for a volunteer or volunteers to come in once a month to vacuum, dust and tidy up a bit. On occasion we also need help setting up and taking down exhibitions at the headquarters.Time: Once a month for one to two hours.
- Home Repair
- Sales Process
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 6 hours per week